Translate

Monday, October 12, 2015

Good News

It seems as if every time I turn on my television or log onto the internet I am bombarded with story after story and image after image of atrocities and disasters. War, floods, earthquakes, riots, murders dominate my news feed and leave me reeling from the horrors of the world. How does one cope with such waking nightmares? Where can a person find peace in the midst of world-wide turmoil?

Simple answer: Peace can be found in Jesus Christ.

Now, before you tune me out and write me off as one of those crazy Born-Again fundamentalist whackadoos, just know one thing. I share this only because I love people. I have no judgment or condemnation to bring upon people. I am a flawed human being who sins and fails God every day. But I have been given Grace. However, I believe with all my heart that the Age of Grace is coming to a swift end and so it is with great love and urgency for my dear friends that I share the Truth with you.

God loves you. He does not wish to see one person spend eternity in hell.

"Well, why does He send people there?" you ask.

Again, simple answer: He does not send people to hell. We send ourselves by rejecting Jesus Christ.

"But I'm a good person!"

That's great, but the Bible says that the best of our efforts to be good are like dirty rags to a Holy and Just God. We cannot earn our salvation, but that brings us to the Good News. We don't have to!!!

God sent His Son, Jesus Christ as a perfect sacrifice for our sins. Jesus took upon himself the weight and shame of all our sins and paid the price for them. He suffered the punishment we should have had as sinners.


Through his sacrifice, we have direct access to God the Father. We don't have to go through priests or perform rituals and follow a bunch of impossible rules in order to earn God's favor and redemption. We have been given a chance to come to God through His Son and ask for forgiveness for our sins. God grants us His Grace and Mercy when we come to Him in the name of Jesus and confess our sins to Him and turn from those sins to follow Him.

Life is impossible to navigate without God. Without the peace He gives, this world becomes a dark and dismal place in which we don't know where to turn or what to do. How wonderful it is to be able to come to God as His child and say, "Help me, I'm lost, confused, depressed, stressed, worried, afraid, etc." 

The Christian life is not without worries or problems (no matter what Joel Osteen tells you.) There are difficult times. But as a Christian, you will never go through those times alone! You have a loving Savior on your side, not to mention a brotherhood of other Christians to lift you up in prayer.

"But what about all those hypocrites?"

Look, Christians are human. We mess up. We do and say things we should not. We succumb to temptations. If any person tells you that they do not sin, they are a big, fat liar. We all do. But true Christians will do their best. They'll repent and ask for forgiveness. We try not to judge, but unfortunately, it still happens sometimes. The key is not to fix your focus on flawed humans, but on Jesus. He never messes up or disappoints. He'll never lie to you or lead you astray. He will never break a promise to you. 

Dear friends, I feel in my heart that time is very short. Things are going to be brought upon this Earth that will be unlike anything we've seen before. If you haven't given your heart and life to Jesus Christ I beg you to do so before it is too late. All it takes is simple, child-like faith. God will hear and answer when you call out to Him. He loves you and wants to know you and show you the way to peace and joy! 

None of us can figure out this life on our own. And none of us can be "good enough" on our own to earn eternity with God. But remember the Good News: We don't have to do it on our own. Jesus Christ has already done it for us and we only have to put our trust in him to receive a place in Heaven.

You don't need any flowery language or thees and thous to pray to God. He is a loving Father who longs to communicate with His children. A simple prayer is all it takes:

Pray this prayer wherever you are right now and God will save you. He will change your life and give it meaning and purpose! He will give you joy and peace in whatever circumstances you are facing.
 
Be blessed my friends. Trust Jesus Christ with all your heart and in every part of your life. He loves you very much and I do too!

No comments: