Translate

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Makin' Like Sherlock

Short version. Not dead.


I haven't posted in ages, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working.  For the past year or so, I have been busily scribbling off this and that, poetry, short stories (fan fiction), etc.  I've written more in the last 10 months than I have in the last 5 years combined, and I think I have at last found my voice.


With that discovery came an even more mind-blowing one.  I discovered that I can do this.  I can write.  I can not only write, I can share it with other people and chances are they will like it.  Wh-what?  That's crazy, right?


I have struggled for years to find my niche, my thing, my career.  I've been left feeling rather useless because I didn't feel I had any "marketable skills."  I'm not a salesperson, or a nurse, or a real estate agent.  I'm an Artist.  I'm a musician, actress, singer, crafter, writer.  I create and express.  That is my calling, my career.  Will it be very lucrative?  Probably not.  However, I've never been really concerned with making money.  Oh sure, money's great.  I guess.  I've never really had any, so I can take it or leave it. 


I'm ready to leave my doubts behind and fearlessly jump into this new pursuit.  It's a passion, a compulsion.  I'm giving in to it. 


I've sent off a few manuscripts, published some poetry and now I'm looking into freelancing.  It's totally new to me, but I'm excited to explore the possibilities.   I'll try to make somewhat regular updates on my progress, so stay tuned.

No comments: