Translate

Thursday, October 12, 2006

More of My Love Story...

The first couple of weeks of class passed by without much excitement. I liked the class and found it very interesting and tried my best to be a good student. Then, one day as I was taking a test, I decided to make a little joke about some of the material. When he passed the graded tests back to us I noticed that he had made his own little joke. I laughed out loud and looked up and noticed him looking at me. I think that's where it all began. At least my part.
After that, I found myself thinking about him a lot. I made a point to get to class early and I tried to prepare myself well so I could be brilliant in class. I guess it might have worked better if I had actually spoken in class. I always felt so timid. I would see him in the hall and he would say hello and I would just smile. I knew if I tried to speak it would just come out as "duhhhh..."
The next semester I tried to stay around the building where he taught. I couldn't take him for any more classes because I had taken everything he taught. Instead, I scheduled classes near the ones he taught. My French class was across the hall from him and we would wave at each other every day. My theater class was down the hall from him and I would make special trips to the bathroom so I could see him. For someone who didn't normally go crazy over any particular guy, I had it pretty bad.
One day I made up my mind that I would go by his office and talk to him. I wasn't sure what I would say, but he provided me with the perfect opportunity. I was passing by when I heard classical guitar music coming from his office. I stuck my head in the door and made some comment about the music. He knew I was a music major, so it was a perfect topic to discuss. After that initial conversation, I made a point to stop by and speak to him at least once a week. I was finding out so much about him. I realized that he and I had a lot in common. I really liked being around him and before I knew it, I found myself falling. Hard.

No comments: