Translate

Saturday, October 07, 2006

My husband is amazing. He is truly my soul-mate. I met him a few years ago at the local university. I had gone back to school after having my first child with the intent of earning a degree in music. I ended up getting my MRS degree instead. It was all meant to be that way though. I don't believe in luck or coincidence. I heard someone say once that coincidence is just when God chooses to remain anonymous. I believe it. Only God could have made such a perfect match. People had been telling me for a long time that I was just too picky. However, I feel that in the choice of a life-long mate,one had better be picky. I don't believe in divorce. At least not the way that some people do. In the age of the "disposable marriage," I was determined to find my soul-mate or remain single if I could not. I was blessed to finally find him in the fall of 2002.
I remember that day as clear as anything. It was my first day back at school after taking a break to have my first child. I was very determined to be a serious student this time. My second class on that first day was where I met him. I remember he came in a little late. At the time, I didn't really think anything about him. I was there to learn. And anyway, I was too old to have crushes on teachers. Right? Sure.
Yes, he was my teacher. The strange thing was that neither of us were really supposed to be in that class. I didn't realize it at the time, but I had already taken that class in Junior College under a different number. The class I was in was supposed to be taught by someone else. But there we were...

No comments: