Translate

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I have been telling myself for some time now that I need to start a blog. So here it is. tick tick tick...
It's funny , for months my head has been full of things to write and now I find myself searching for what to say. I suppose I could begin by telling about myself.
I am weird. Let's just get that out in the open. Not creepy weird like that guy that hangs around outside the BP. I'm...unique. I realize that by saying that I become totally un-unique because everybody says that. But really, I am a square peg. Well, maybe not square, just kind of oblong. My husband and I have declared ourselves nerds. In our eyes being a nerd is a good thing. I hope my children become nerds. Now, there is a big difference between a nerd and a dork/geek. Dorks/geeks are those guys in the chess club. Nerds are the people who sit aroung talking about Arthurian legends and debating whether or not Shakespeare really wrote all that stuff. My husband is a college English instructor (also known as nerd). His friends are all nerds. They all use proper grammer when speaking to each other. ex: "How are you today, Dr. So-and-so?" "I am well!"
My husband and I are not quite that bad, but we are fairly nerdy. Most nights we sit together in the livingroom doing our puzzles. He's hooked on sudoku, and I love anagrams and cryptograms. See? Nerds.
There is another side to me, but I'll get into that later. I don't have a light over my keyboard and my eyes are getting all fuzzy. G'nite all.

No comments: