Translate

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Last night my husband and I took our baby to the theater. Not the movies. Live theater. Of course, it wasn't his first time at the theater. He's only four-and-a-half months old and he's already been to see two shows. We took him to see a musical back during the summer, and last night we saw a Neil Simon comedy. Our child is so cultured! He did very well, despite the problems with the sound they were having. He just sat up in my lap and looked around as if he really enjoyed the action on stage. There was another baby there who didn't do so well. And she was older! After the show, I wanted to tell everyone, "My baby wasn't the one crying. He was the one writing a review for the local newspaper."
My older son went to his dad's house last night. They have a routine for every weekend they spend together. They visit their favorite restaurant and get hamburgers, then it's off to Wal-Mart to look around. They like video games and stuff like that. I'm not into gaming. I'm just too uncoordinated. My guys take a few steps, and then they die. Poor Mario never made it past the mushrooms.
I believe today is going to be a lazy day at my house. It's beautiful outside. Warm, but not too warm. I have to go to the store to buy the neccessities of life: milk, bread, and toilet paper. But after that, I'm crashing in front of the TV to watch my team get massacred. I love weekends in the fall!

No comments: