Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My boys are adorable. My oldest son is six and a half, and he is the light of my life. He is very creative, imaginative, and sooo dramatic! He reminds me of someone...hmmm. We are very close. We have always liked to play tricks on each other. One of our favorite things to do is try to scare the devil out of each other. He likes to sneak up behind me when I'm out on the back porch reading. The other night as he was getting ready for bed I sneaked into his room and hid behind his bed. When he came back into the room to get into his bed, I jumped up and barked at him. I think he jumped about ten feet. Poor kid. He'll probably need therapy before he hits puberty. He'll get me back though. I'm just waiting for it.
My sons have always been my favorite toys. Kids are fun. They are a great excuse to go see all those animated films you wanted to see but were too embarrassed to go by yourself. I love having kids. I get to go trick-or-treating again. I can watch Spongebob without feeling totally lame.
My other son is four and a half months old. He is really beginning to show his personality. He likes to give kisses. His kisses are really more like slobber deposits, but it's still sweet. He coos and giggles and thinks it's very funny that he can make raspberries with his tongue. He has recently discovered his feet, and is constantly studying them. I think he's trying to figure out how to get them in his mouth.
My husband and I still haven't figured out his hair or eye color. He may end up as a redhead like his mommy. Right now though his hair color is best described as "bald." He has a little bit of fuzz. His head is very round, but not quite as round as his big brother's was. His head looked like Charlie Brown's. Or maybe the Great Pumpkin.
I love my boys. They fill my every day with wonder and delight. Their futures are wide open to possibilities. My oldest wants to be an astronaut, or a race car driver, or a police officer, or a fire fighter. My baby hasn't made any future wishes known yet, but it looks as though he may be a food critic. Or maybe a podiatrist. Who knows?

No comments: