Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's funny how different my life is from the way I imagined it to be when I was younger. When I was a teenager and knew everything I decided that I was going to be an actress. My plan was to graduate from highschool and then head straight to NYC to find my big break on Broadway. I was not going to get married, and I was certainly never going to have children. My life was my own, and it was going to stay that way. To me, my hometown was a hopelessly uncultured place that was just unworthy of me and my talent. What an ignorant little brat I was! Luckily, I never headed off to the big city. I went to college instead and began studying music and I discovered how little I knew about anything!
Today I'm married with two beautiful children and a house in the country. And a cat. Sometimes I am still amazed that I have all this. Occasionally I ask myself, "What if?" Do I have any regrets? Do I wish I were a Broadway star instead of a PTF mom? Heck no! I love this life. I love packing lunches. I love going on school field trips. I love it when my husband comes home from work and I greet him at the door. I love getting up in the morning and feeding my baby while watching the Tyra Banks Show. Oh, I still have the acting bug. But I satisfy it through my work with the local theater group. That's much more fun anyway. I can perform for familiar faces. Hometown people. Their applause means more to me than sold out shows in New York. These people know me and appreciate me. I love that I can be a star one night and then go home and be just a normal person.
Well...maybe not normal.
It's still funny though. The other day I found myself separating meats to go in the freezer and I had to stop and smile. Who needs fame and fortune? I have family. I am very blessed. I am rich beyond my wildest dreams.

No comments: